Classlist is the number one community management app designed especially for schools. Daily supporting school parents in more than 14 countries. It helps schools host, engage and raise funds for their community on their terms.
We are looking for a capable and well connected business development director to take overall responsibility for the creation and execution of a new business development strategy that will take Classlist to the next growth stage in our development. This will likely involve scaling our global distribution by building out a new distribution network through technology suppliers, school networks and other at-scale players in the global education space, and existing strong relationships in this space will be highly advantageous.
- The R&BD Director will report directly to the CEO
- The R&BD Director will be accountable for our growth and creating new opportunities for Classlist
- The R&BD Director will own the creation and the execution of our business development strategy. Success will be measured by the growth of engaged schools joining the classist community, and by the revenue created through this growth.
- Where the strategy demands it, the R&BD Director will own the relationships between Classlist and any distribution partners
- The R&BD Director will own pricing and revenue strategies for Classlist
- In addition, the R&BD Director will build a small team to support this initiative.
In collaboration with the CEO, the R&BD Director will advise on a marketing strategy to support the execution of the business development strategy
In close collaboration with our product/engineering team, the R&BD Director will ensure that our product fully supports the execution of the business development strategy
Classlist is a small, nimble company with the aspiration to engage the global school-parent community. This role is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of our growth and help us realise this goal.
Our Ideal candidate’s skills, experience and qualities would include:
- Experience in business development, with strong business planning and management skills, and capacity to creatively design and execute new business strategies on initially limited budgets.
- Well-connected, with strong knowledge on potential strategic partners and how to engage them.
- Ready to roll-up their sleeves, tackle issues head on and who is willing to invest the time required to help get a bootstrapped start-up off the ground.
- A Self-starter, who is able to think and work independently, able to navigate ambiguity and enjoys problem solving.
How to apply
If you’re interested in the role please send in your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you’re right for this role. We want to hear how you see yourself fitting into the Classlist family, and what the role means for your future. Describe how you’ll approach the work we do and how you can contribute.
Send this to email@example.com. We will read every application and get back to you personally. We look forward to hearing from you.
School Community Trends
Advertise with us
PTA Events Tool
Classlist Budi video chat tool
Parent engagement analytics