We’re on a mission to build kind, inclusive school communities.
Parents worldwide use Classlist’s app to help organise their school life. Currently used in over 14 countries, Classlist is the world’s number one social networking and community app designed especially for schools.
It’s the one-stop FREE solution helping parents and PTAs connect, communicate, support each other and stay in the loop with what’s happening in their child’s school. Secure, GDPR-compliant and with clear community guidelines, Classlist is the inclusive alternative to social media.
From birthday parties to sophisticated ticketed, multi-volunteer led extravaganzas, Classlist handles every kind of event. Saving both parent and school staff organisers huge amounts of time. And it’s the only ‘zero’ charge event platform for schools on the market.
Buzzing parent communities drive better pupil outcomes, increase fundraising & attract new parents. All the while our unique built-in controls give school leaders total peace of mind.
We’re proud to say:
- UK’s biggest school parent community app with over 300k users
- Unique volunteer-led model with 15,000 school Ambassadors
- Global market leader with flagship schools in 14 countries
- Top award at the world’s biggest ed-tech event
We’ve just closed a really successful funding round on crowdfunding site Crowdcube, generating huge support from our parent members. Take a look at the two minute video here.
In order to take Classlist to its next level of growth, impact and revenue, we are recruiting a CRO to take responsibility for accelerating: existing revenue streams; and developing new ones.
Classlist is a small, nimble company with the aspiration to engage the global school-parent community. This role is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of our growth and help us realise this goal.
The CRO will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for:
- Our growth and creating new opportunities for Classlist.
- Owning the business strategy that will scale up revenue.
- Working with the product and marketing teams to maximise revenue growth.
- Developing a strategy for scoping, prioritising and then unlocking one or more of the following potential revenue streams:
- Sponsorship – With mission aligned brands, covering all Classlist assets which include email newsletters, social media, banners, including in-app posts, etc;
- Group subscriptions – To the premium version of the Classlist app. This as it stands an ad-free version but there is scope to offer more super user type features;
- Offers – From mission aligned national brands and/or local businesses to provide an in-app offers proposition;
- Self service advertising.
- Where the strategy demands it, the CRO will own the relationships between Classlist and any distribution partners.
- The CRO will own pricing and revenue strategies for Classlist.
- In addition, the CRO will build a small team to support this initiative.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join Classlist and help the company unlock our full revenue potential! Once you have proven yourself you will have great freedom and autonomy in this role, coupled with an enormous opportunity for personal development.
Our Ideal Candidate’s skills, experience and qualities would include:
- An extremely commercial sales leader, who is looking for a strategic but hands-on sales/revenue development role.
- A strategic thinker who is able to prioritise effectively in order to quickly deliver results.
- Strong excel and modelling capabilities.
- Experience selling digital advertising & sponsorship packages to leading UK consumer brands Experience optimising the sales funnel for consumer digital subscription products.
- Experience in tech/consulting desirable.
- Experience managing small teams and/or influencing across functions to deliver results.
- Experience in driving a business from £1m to £10m+ revenues.
- Ready to roll-up their sleeves, tackle issues head on and who is willing to invest the time required to help get a bootstrapped start-up off the ground.
- A Self-starter, who is able to think and work independently, able to navigate ambiguity and enjoys problem solving.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Meaningful equity
- And, of course, the opportunity to work with a collaborative and entrepreneurial team on a powerful mission to make a difference in our communities.
We’re growing in the UK and beyond – and that’s why we need you.
How to apply
If you’re interested in the role please send in your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you’re right for this role. We want to hear how you see yourself fitting into the Classlist family, and what the role means for your future. Describe how you’ll approach the work we do and how you can contribute.
Send this to email@example.com. We will read every application and get back to you personally. We look forward to hearing from you.
School Community Trends
Advertise with us
PTA Events Tool
Classlist Budi video chat tool
Parent engagement analytics