Classlist CX Podcast
Welcome to our Community Experts
Welcome to our CX podcast series. Where our aim is to inspire and guide you with insight and advice from our community of experts.
In this series we share best practice from successful school community leaders. And what they all seem to have in common is that they are motivated to make a difference. Nevertheless, there are many skills they develop that are transferrable to the world of work. So a number of our experts discuss possible careers opportunities beyond the school gate.
Last but not least, we hear from leading speakers from the wider world of community.
If you have anyone you think we should include in this series, any community experts that inspire you, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you.
Susan and Clare, Classlist Founders
- Jen Walker is one of those fantastic individuals who we all need in our lives – a doer. When she isn’t undertaking the role as Chair of the St Edwards School, Oxford, Friends Association, she runs two companies: The Hat Hire company and The Cattleshed Candle Company. She’s also a microgreen farmer and organiser of […]
- Jimi heads up the Dalai Lama Centre for Compassion’s educational outreach. Compassion Matters. Org. Jimi and his team support the teaching of ethics and moral philosophy in schools. Using a framework they have designed which covers important themes. For instance happiness; courage; justice; bravery and resilience. The end result – children who complete the course […]
- Dixie is a former Accenture management consultant. Dixie was a committee member of the Overseas Women's Club in Bangalore, India which was instrumental in welcoming new expats as well as raising substantial funds for numerous good causes. After returning to the UK she became a rep and then Parent Association Chair of her daughters’ school […]
- This episode's guest is Agness O'Brien, Chair of the PTFA at Colchester County High School for Girls. Agness has headed up the PTFA for 4 years and during this time, has dramatically increased the funds raised and parent engagement. More recently Agness has added to her portfolio an employed role at her school as a Development […]
- Jennifer Harrell, held a career in finance and consulting sales before becoming a global nomad. She has lived in parts of South America, France and for the past four years in the UK. With each expat posting she has had to start again. Relocating, making new friends and settling her kids into new educational systems. […]
- Charlotte worked in Broadcast and Digital Media for over 20 years, including Sky, C4 and Virgin Media. Where she helped launch the first ever live streams from the Big Brother house. Charlotte has teenage children and three years ago she took on the role of PTA Chair at Latymer Upper School in West London. It […]
- Jinger Stevens is an experienced Information Technology practitioner. Not only does she have an incredible curiosity about others her claim to fame in terms of today’s podcast is she is a Classlist Ambassador that has set up three school communities. Covering a mix of schools. From her insights you can tell she brings all this […]
- Saasha Celestial-One is Co-Founder & COO of OLIO, a free app harnessing the power of mobile technology and the sharing economy to provide a revolutionary solution to the problem of food waste, which is the 3rd largest contributor to the climate crisis. OLIO is growing quickly, empowered by 50k+ volunteers. Since 2016, 1.8m users have […]
- Prior to having children and setting up 923 Jobs, Helen spent a decade working as a broadcast journalist for the BBC and ITV, then 18 months running my own media training company. I have a degree in History from Durham University, and a Diploma in Journalism from Cardiff University.In Today’s Episode You Will Learn: Why […]
- Co-founder and CEO of School Space, Jemma has dedicated her career to helping schools in the UK generate extra income and connect with their community, Jemma is an experienced speaker on the topic of school lettings in the education system in the UK and has helped generate over £1,250,000 for the education sector. She has […]
Or click on the link to listen on Itunes
School Community Trends
Advertise with us
PTA Events Tool
Parent engagement analytics