We’re on a mission to build kind, inclusive school communities.
Parents worldwide use Classlist’s app to help organise their school life. Currently used in over 14 countries, Classlist is the world’s number one social networking and event management app designed especially for schools.
It’s the one-stop FREE solution helping parents and PTAs connect, communicate, support each other and stay in the loop with what’s happening in their child’s school. Secure, GDPR-compliant and with clear community guidelines, Classlist is the inclusive alternative to social media.
From birthday parties to sophisticated ticketed, multi-volunteer led extravaganzas, Classlist handles every kind of event. Saving both parent and school staff organisers huge amounts of time. And it’s the only ‘zero’ charge event platform for schools on the market.
Buzzing parent communities drive better pupil outcomes, increase fundraising & attract new parents. All the while our unique built-in controls give school leaders total peace of mind.
How we do it
We’ve a fantastic group of 15,000 volunteer school “Ambassadors” who manage each school’s online community, building an environment where members trust and help each other. Classlist is funded through respectful local advertising. Where schools help find sponsors, they keep part of the proceeds for school projects, so everybody wins.
We’re proud to say:
- UK’s biggest school parent community app with over 300k users
- Unique volunteer-led model with 15,000 school Ambassadors
- Global market leader with flagship schools in 14 countries
- Top award at the world’s biggest ed-tech event
We’ve just closed a really successful funding round on crowdfunding site Crowdcube, generating huge support from our parent members. Take a look at the two minute video here. [URL https://vimeo.com/504468012]
We’re growing in the UK and beyond – and that’s why we need you.
You will be involved throughout the development lifecycle. You’ll be involved in the creation of business requirements inputting the test scripts and test scenarios to ensure business requirements can be effectively tested and deployed. You will be working closely with the product and technical team to ensure requirements are being met to the correct and expected quality. You will also need to conduct automated and manual tests where necessary to ensure the software created is fit for purpose.
This position will require a great understanding of our product and services, a very strong attention to detail, and good communication skills.
Why you’ll love working for Classlist
- Flexible remote working
- A truly entrepreneurial team with a desire to change the industry
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, rapidly growing, venture backed company (extra points if you can say that 5x fast)
- Family friendly environment
- Competitive salary
- Creation and maintenance of manual & automated test suites
- Contribution to story definitions to include test criteria
- Issue diagnosis & resolution
- Proactive contribution to the team processes and disciplines with the goal of increasing quality and automation
- Working closely with the rest of the tech team and the product team
- 2+ years experience in QA
- Detailed knowledge of QA methodologies and best practices
- Exposure to automated testing tools, e.g Selenium, Cucumber, Cypress.io
- Knowledge of git, Jira & other development tools; Agile processes
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a dynamic startup environment
- Strong desire to learn about new technologies and systems
How to apply
If you’re interested in the role please send in your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you’re right for this role. We want to hear how you see yourself fitting into the Classlist family, and what the role means for your future. Describe how you’ll approach the work we do and how you can contribute. If you have a portfolio share it and give us a short overview of your favourites.
Send this to email@example.com. We will read every application and get back to you personally. We look forward to hearing from you.
Applicant form questions
- How many years of experience do you have as a QA Engineer
- Have you worked on mobile and web application testing
- Describe your approach to QA
School Community Trends
Advertise with us
PTA Events Tool
Classlist Budi video chat tool
Parent engagement analytics