It’s a question we are often asked. Here are seven reasons why Classlist outperforms WhatsApp as a communication and community building tool for schools.
- Who is who? – Classlist’s contacts list means you can easily see which parent belongs to which child and contact them without sharing phone numbers. You can even share a photo and address if you like. It’s great for setting up playdates and lift shares with your children’s new friends.
- Personalised notifications – Parents can choose to hear from their community in real time live chats, or adjust the notifications to only receive weekly updates.
- Topic based conversations – Find the important information you need at a glance. Chat is grouped into topics so you can easily find the message about PE kit or snow day. WhatsApp’s stream of updates can be hard to navigate.
- Inclusive – Parents can network within their class or reach out to other families in their year group and even across the school. Importantly, new parents can join without having to ask a parent WhatsApp gatekeeper they can’t get hold of. No-one is left out.
- Events – If you’ve ever organised your child’s birthday party you know WhatsApp isn’t fit for purpose. Classlist’s event feature is brilliant for all events from private birthdays, to online quizzes and whole school summer balls. The app collects RSVPs and payments in just a couple of clicks.
- The kinder social network – Keeping your community together in a friendly environment that motivates parents to help each other
- Privacy – Your information is not tracked by third parties and is fully GDPR compliant.
- Book a school leader or PTA demo to see how Classlist can transform your school.